Sicily field seminar
We like to fly to Catania in autumn, visiting the Eolian Island in the Mediterranean Sea. From Catania airport with rented minibus and driver to Milazzo habor, purchase tickets and take hydrofoil to Lipari island. There, Cosimo will await us with his minibus, and will bring us to Fransceca's hostel at Canetto (day 1) Appartanenti Baia Unci (google maps) Via Marina Garibaldi, 98057 Canneto, Italy
- Lipari volcano- day 2 (google maps)
- once across and around the island by foot, pumice, obsidian etc.
- Vulcano volcano- day 3 (google maps)
- once up and around the volcano, then solfatara on the flank, into the crater (with gas detector) and out, then the mud-bath and bubbling sea
- Stromboli volcano - day 4 (google maps)
- with a small boat to Stromboli in the afternoon, up on the volcano and down at night, back with boat to Canneto with boat at night
next morning we take the Hydrofoil to Milazzo, and with rented minibus to
and down to Catania to our hostel. Full size pizza americana and next moring to airport with public transport bus, flying back home.